Wednesday, December 27, 2006

BUS ek Pal

Well, a good part of my daily adventures (if you can call them! ) in my life is travelling in the APSRTC buses. Those ignorant, APSRTC stands for Andhra Pradesh Stae Road Transport Corporation. These orange, grey and buses have really brought colour to my life. Ok, this post is what I have learnt travelling in these buses. Here, they go.

1. Thanks to these buses, I have learnt how to push past god knows how many people to board or get down the bus as if my way was clear! No one was there to block me!

2. I have learnt to put my feet in various angles just to stand comfortably and grab my space in a bus.

3. Give glares or scream at people in buses who sit comfortably on seats reserved for senior citizens when a very old man just stands there. Imagine doing that in public and that too in my pathetic telugu. "Meeru chudatle, ikada oka old vaalu nuchuntaara!"

4. I smell like a fish even in the mornings irrespective of how much perfumes or deodorants I used.

5. I have learnt the psychology of a passenger about to get down and realising the seat will get empty. Yes, the way the person is sitting fidgets before her stop is about to be reached, the rustle of the plastic covers, the holding of the seat bars, etc. I have learnt it, boy!

6. I have learnt how much I can save just by travelling in a vehicle that costs about 10 lakhs (I think so. My friends endearingly call it 8 lakh ki gaddi!) ;)

7. Have you ever talked to complete strangers about the book you were reading or the song you were listening on the I-pod or just when you realise the person sitting next to you is a professor of the subject you have a exam in 30 min? I have. :D

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is bus ki baath bus karo! Hehehe...

But I've always managed to LOATHE buses. :)

Rishabh Kaul said...

Loved ths post. Yeah travelling in buses teaches you a lot. Besides, its a lot of fun, atleast I enjoy it.

Unknown said...

awesome post! i myself wanted to write something like that at one point of time!! observing people... wow!

Pradeep said...

nice one!!

kam said...

Badiya hai

Lagey rahoo aksha Behn.....

tamey aisa hi safar milta rahe

kem cho maja maa.......

kam said...

Badiya hai

Lagey rahoo aksha Behn.....

tamey aisa hi safar milta rahe

kem cho maja maa.......

kam said...

Badiya hai

Lagey rahoo aksha Behn.....

tamey aisa hi safar milta rahe

kem cho maja maa.......

Anonymous said...

hey aksha, there u go im back to reading ur blogs after a long time. hmm... to begin with good observation skills and u had the humour effect. I am just curious to know which lecturer was sitting next to u! lol!anyways this blog entry was a good read!keep going...

Anonymous said...

and ah! forgot to say a nice title!

Unknown said...

this was utterly hilarious....especially the telugu bit....
i tried picturing u say it with ur hands thrust out and ur eyes flaming....and laughed so hard my mum came running....really cool

Anonymous said...

well may be u should stop travelling in buses if you so abhor the whole process!come to think of it, buses are most overhyped by chiks like you who magnify little things just to get a smile or a chuckle out of a frend!
im sorry but i think u hav the flair but not the right topics!