Monday, January 29, 2007

I think I have a Thing for you!

Welcome to the world of new age Salims and Romeo's! Indeed the 21st century is charcterised by speed and efficient use of time. So, in this zip-zap-zoom age, even love stories are made keeping in mind the needs of this age. Its amusing but I can name out at least 5 couples whose relationships lasting from anything a week to an year started with this line, " I think I have a thing for you."

I do not really have a problem with this. True feelings of the heart can be expressed in any way one wants to express but something as I have a thing for you. Do even proposals need to be liberalised and globalised like our economies? I am a bollytwood buff, so I ask where are the kasme-vaade? Where are the Shakeperaean Lines?

Thou shall love you more than thyself
Thou's heart is your slave

Sounds corny but still I HAVE A THING FOR YOU?! Yuck!

It seems to be working and displacing the uniserval way of expressing love- I LOVE YOU. I wonder what the aforesaid line would be in French, Spanish or German. From 1-4-3 to 1-4-1-5-3-3. I guess it works. Phone numbers are now ten digits so even this should increase to 6 digits!

Anyways, Valentine's Day is round the corner. So, will this become I HAVE A THING FOR YOU day? I guess its just me over-reacting or am I right??????!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oyeeeeeeeeeee! telugu bidda back haan? how was north? i came back last night and by the way i agree with you ... any way before i forget... 141533

Aksha said...

cheee chickoo sharam nahin aati ladki chedte hue. anyways, 1415333. (The last 3 means too! Muuaah!)

Anonymous said...

you may be right or can also be wrong, but Love dosen't come with pre-set rules and one neen not follow either bollywood or shakessphre language. it all depends on one's comfort level and confidence. in my opinion its better than using the words like, YUK and SUCKS. i would rather suggest that you write topics which are more constructive in nature and avoid rules based topic. kindly take this comments as a constructive feed-back. i have been follwing your blogs and you have a nice wrting style. take care

Anonymous said...

aksha i have a thing for you - i dint get this blog et al! lol! now its upto u to tell me abt it.P.S I DONT UNDERSTAND lOVE STUFF THAT TOO EASILY.LOL!

Sita said...

oh shut up.

Aksha said...

Anonymous would love to know your name. Thanks fer the feedback.

Khushboo, not a problem! You do not have to!

And Sita, LOL!

Anonymous said...

There shouldn't be a problem with "I think I have a Thing for you!"

Oh well, I never worry about Valentine's day.